Nevada Agriculture Adaptability & Recovery Program
Need Help Applying?
COVID-19 Resource Coordinator
Federal Guidance Documents
Applying for the CARES Nevada Agriculture Adaptability and Recovery Program in 4 Easy Steps
The Nevada Agriculture Adaptability and Recovery Program (NAARP) was created by the Nevada Department of Agriculture (NDA) to help relieve the stress food and agriculture businesses face in responding to the COVID-19 crisis through business adaptations and diversifications to ensure a safe and adequate food supply. Applicants must demonstrate how financial assistance is needed in response to impacts to their operation in adapting to operating during the COVID-19 public health emergency. This financial assistance is available from the Coronavirus Relief Fund due to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
1. Do I qualify?
A. If you meet any of the criteria below, you are an eligible applicant. Eligible applicants are:
- Agriculture employers or producers based in the state of Nevada
- Farmers markets or food hubs, as direct to consumer retailers
- USDA-approved meat harvesting and processing facilities in Nevada
- Nevada breweries, wineries or distilleries that use at least 51% Nevada grown product
B. You have business expenses that would not have occurred, had it not been for the COVID-19 public health emergency and have not been covered by other federal or state programs. To help determine if your expenses are eligible, review the request for applications (RFA) for funding categories and expense guidance.
Still unsure if your expenses are eligible under the Coronavirus Relief Fund? These two documents provide guidance to the NDA for how these funds can be utilized to support the industry.
2. I qualify. Now, how do I Apply?
- Review the RFA here, and be sure to read through the grant application process and award information which will answer most questions.
- Access the application here.
Note: The application is a fillable PDF form, designed for you to type your responses directly in the application. If you are not able to type or digitally sign the form, view the information on page 6 of the RFA for additional guidance.
- Review the application check list page 6 of the RFA. Make sure all of these are completed prior to submitting your application via email.
3. Who do I contact for further assistance?
Below is a list of contacts that can help with your application process:
- Please email general inquiries about eligible expenses to NVtrade@agri.nv.gov.
- For inquiries about how to complete the application process or to discuss other state and federal resources that may be available if your expenses do not qualify under NAARP, contact Jessica Anderson.
4. How do I submit my application?
- Be sure the application is complete with ALL the required attachments and documents. See the application check list in Step 3 above. Incomplete applications may cause delays in funding or be rejected.
- Submit your COMPLETED application and all supporting documentation via email to NVtrade@agri.nv.gov.
In the email, include:
- A 1-2 paragraph overview of your business and required adaptations or issues related to COVID-19 as it relates to the expenses you are submitting.
- A bullet point listing of attachments to ensure NDA staff know how many documents are being submitted.
- Following submission of your application and email confirming receipt from NDA, you will also need to apply for a Nevada vendor number, which will allow NDA to provide payment if your application is approved. Please register online here to obtain a vendor number from the Nevada State Controller’s Office. This process is free and will establish a vendor record in the accounting database. The assigned vendor number will start with a “T” (Ex: T80992449). Upon receipt of your vendor number, please forward at your earliest convenience to NVtrade@agri.nv.gov.