Noxious Weed Mapping Program
The NDA continues to build this program to better serve all those involved in the fight against noxious weeds in Nevada. Maps and long-term noxious weed data records are necessary tools in order to make future informed decisions regarding the prevention and management strategies for noxious weeds across the state.
Long-term Program Objectives:
- Maintain and manage all noxious weed data for the state of Nevada in a working and shareable database
- Produce statewide noxious weed maps
- Monitor the increase and/or decrease in noxious weed infestations and spread of noxious weeds across the state
- Monitor the success and failures of noxious weed control efforts at a statewide level
- Provide training for landowners, CWMAs and others to collect noxious weed data within the state
What can you do to assist the Noxious Weeds Program?
- Stay informed and involved; just by being a part of the noxious weeds community and providing us with information regarding new weed occurrences and helping with community events you can be a huge asset to the department.
- Take advantage of all of our services and resources!
- Come by the office or an event and pick up a Nevada Noxious Weed Field Guide to help you with your identification knowledge!
- Begin using EDDMapS to assist in furthering our contiguous mapping project across the state!
What is EDDMapS?
- EDDMapS is an online mapping database where anyone with a free account can contribute to invasive species data collection.
- A user can add their findings to this website and compile reports about specific species into a collective database for the public to see after verification
- You can simply add GPS points to the website via the report sightings tab on the EDDMapS website
- You can also utilize the FREE EDDMapS West smartphone app to easily add data remotely with the click of a button