Obtaining a Pest Control Business License
Certification and Licensing Examination Refund Policy
NO testing fee refunds if your cancellation is less than 24 hours in advance
Additional pest control licensing information can be found in our Commercial Licensing Guide
Requirements for starting a Pest Control business
- Each business must employ a Primary Principal license holder who:
- Has two years licensed experience in the category applied, or six months licensed experience and at least 16 college credit hours in biological sciences with at least 8 hours related directly to pest control
- Must pass a fingerprint background check
- Must pass principal license examinations
- Provide Proof of insurance
- State Business License from Nevada Secretary of State (Nevada SilverFlume)
- Submit a complete Business License Application Packet
- Submit a Principal Test Application showing licensed experience and college transcripts if applicable. You will be notified by email when your application is processed.
- Pass Examinations
- Must pass General Knowledge (Core) Exam, open-book Laws exam, and an exam for each category applied for.
- Study materials are located on our website.
- Obtain and submit a fingerprint background check packet from the Sparks or Las Vegas office.
- Note: background checks take 6-8 weeks to complete, results are valid for 90 days after completion
- Submit a Company Name Application. You will be notified by email when you application is processed.
- Submit a complete Business License Application Packet including a License Application for the Primary Principal, a Nevada Certificate of Insurance, and a License Application for each operator employed by the company, if applicable