Obtaining a Pest Control Business License
Additional pest control licensing information can be found in our Commercial Licensing Guide
Requirements for starting a Pest Control business
- Each business must employ a Primary Principal license holder who:
- Has two years licensed experience in the category applied, or six months licensed experience and at least 16 college credit hours in biological sciences with at least 8 hours related directly to pest control
- Must pass a fingerprint background check
- Must pass principal license examinations
- Provide Proof of insurance
- State Business License from Nevada Secretary of State (Nevada SilverFlume)
- Submit a complete Business License Application Packet
- Submit a Principal Test Application showing licensed experience and college transcripts if applicable. You will be notified by email when your application is processed.
- Pass Examinations
- Must pass General Knowledge (Core) Exam, open-book Laws exam, and an exam for each category applied for.
- Study materials are located on our website.
- Obtain and submit a fingerprint background check packet from the Sparks or Las Vegas office.
- Note: background checks take 6-8 weeks to complete, results are valid for 90 days after completion
- Submit a Company Name Application. You will be notified by email when you application is processed.
- Submit a complete Business License Application Packet including a License Application for the Primary Principal, a Nevada Certificate of Insurance, and a License Application for each operator employed by the company, if applicable