The NDA services listed below are considered essential functions and will remain available in some capacity for matters that require immediate attention. Offices will be closed, so please call in advance.
"Good morning, As you have likely heard by now, Governor Sisolak recommended that all non-essential businesses in Nevada close. Yesterday afternoon, some clarification was provided with regards to what is considered an essential business. Per Governor Sisolak, businesses and organizations that provide food for disadvantaged populations, veterinary services, food processing, agriculture, livestock, feed mills, and warehousing should all continue to operate, but with every precaution to maintain social distancing. Below I have provided a complete list of our agency recommendations for essential businesses. As a reminder, the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, the Centers for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization, social distancing guidelines must ensure six feet of space between non-household individuals. Lastly, I’d like to reiterate that these are only recommendations. Please strive to operate in a way that is in accordance with the health department, first and foremost.
Recommended Essential Business to Stay Open for 30 Days.
Essential agriculture businesses for the community at large:
• All production agriculture including dairies, ranches and farms
• Food manufacturers
• Food processors
Essential businesses for continuity of commerce:
• Public livestock auctions
• Registered Service Agencies/Agents (RSAs) when installing or repairing weighing and measuring equipment used by those industries/businesses deemed as essential.
• Public Weighmasters (PWM)
• Petroleum producers, suppliers, distributors and retailers
• Pest control companies – limiting treatment to outdoor areas and wood destroying pest inspections Businesses essential to agriculture business:
• Dealers/brokers of livestock and feed
• Livestock trucking/transportation
• Feed stores
• Livestock/animal feed supplies and trucking
• Livestock/animal medical suppliers
• Rendering facilities/trucking
• Meat processing facilities
• Feed processing facilities
• Livestock feedlots