THE FOLLOWING ARE IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS THAT MUST BE MET BY ALL APPLICANTS FOR INITIAL LICENSES OR AMENDMENTS TO EXISTING LICENSES:
All applications must be submitted to the Department of Agriculture Office in Sparks at which time the application will be reviewed.
All applications must be on Department of Agriculture forms accompanied by a check (payable to the Department of Agriculture) for $25.00. The Cost/Price Worksheet must also be filed with the application.
3. All forms must be in original format. The staff will not process documents that do not have original signatures, or sent by facsimile or email.
4. The application for a license must be signed only by a corporate officer, a partner, or the owner of the firm. The staff will not process requests for initial licenses that are signed by salesmen, office managers or fiscal officers who have no ownership standing.
5. Corporations seeking to distribute dairy products in Nevada must have a business license issued by the Office of the Secretary of State. Your business license number must be listed on the basic application. If not listed, no action will be taken on your application.
6. All new products produced outside the State cannot be distributed in Nevada until approved by health authorities in the state in which they are produced, or the plant in which they are manufactured is listed in the Interstate Milk Shippers List (IMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration 0898-9877.
7. Applicants new to the field are also advised to contact the licensing offices of local governments, the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles and/or the Nevada Department of Taxation.
Should questions arise, they should be directed to the Animal Industries Division at the Department of Agriculture Offices in Las Vegas and Sparks.