TheEmergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) distribution schedules andeligibility
Regional food distribution partner for southern
Nevada: Three Square Las Vegas
Regional food distribution partner for northern
Nevada: Food Bank of Northern Nevada
Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) program requirements and distribution sites
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (Nevada Division of Welfare and Supportive Services)
STATEWIDE COMMUNITY NUTRITION PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENTS
Grab-and-go USDA Waiver
The Nevada Department of Agriculture (NDA) received approval for a waiver from the United States Department of Agriculture to support schools and communities in providing meals to children in areas experiencing school or district closure in response to COVID-19. The waiver allows for serving meals and snack in a “grab-and-go” style to children 18 years of age and under at school or designated sites. The purpose is to limit interaction and proximity to other participants, reducing the risk of COVID-19 exposure.
Signature requirements waived to reduce transmission risk
The state has waived the signature requirement state-wide for participants in both TEFAP and CSFP (with the exception to new applications for CSFP) to reduce transmission risk. Participants still must meet eligibility requirements.
Food Distribution in Indian Reservations to continue
To mitigate this risk, all staff are reqiuired to wear gloves during distributions and will clean any contact surfaces at distribution sites. The distribution is adjusted to a set food package, drive-thru only model, effective immediately and for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, recipients won’t be able to make adjustments to their food package, but this will significantly reduce the interaction with the certifier and between clients.
Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program postponed
SFMNP kick-off event, scheduled for Tuesday, March 24, has been postponed, and coupon distribution has been delayed. The coupons have been printed and will be distributed as soon as is safe and appropriate.
This page will be updated daily with available USDA resources for anyone who needs food as a result of COVID-19 closures. Resources are listed by county below, and statewide announcements are on the right sidebar. There are many other resources in communities, but the ones provided here are those that use USDA funds or commodities.
Last updated: Thursday, March 26, at 8:30 a.m.
Click here for the list
of northern Nevada emergency food assistance program sites. Food Bank of Northern Nevada is the regional
food distribution agency working in partnership with the NDA in northern Nevada.
CARSON CITY: 4 school meal sites available to enrolled students 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Nutrition Services will provide free lunch and breakfast for all Carson City School District students and siblings ages 18 and under beginning Tuesday, March 17, with the first pick-up containing lunch for that day as well as breakfast for the following morning. Click here for more info.
- Empire Elementary School
- Mark Twain Elementary School
- Seeliger Elementary School
- Carson High School
Starting Thursday, March 19, breakfast and lunch 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday:
- Ron Wood Family Resource Center
- Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada
CHURCHILL COUNTY: 3 school meal sites and rural drop-off sites available to any Churchill County School District student in need
Beginning Wednesday, March 18, ChurchillCSD Food Services will provide free breakfast and lunch for all Churchill County School District students and siblings ages 0-18 (no baby food or formula provided). Churchill County School District also hasr rural drop-off sites from 10 to 11 a.m. Click here for more info.
Grab-and-go sites open from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.:
- Churchill County High School
- Numa Elementary School
- Northside Early Learning
DOUGLAS COUNTY: 6 school meal sites available to all children under 18, 9 to 11 a.m.
Douglas County School District has the following sites available as drive-thru and walk-up from 9 to 11 a.m. (breakfast and lunch):
- C.C Meneley Elementary School
- Aspire Academy High School
- Jacks Valley Elementary School
- Gardnerville Elementary School
- Carson Valley Elementary School
- Pau-Wa-Lu Middle School
ELKO COUNTY: 6 school meal drive-thru sites available
Elko County School District has the following sites available as a drive-thru from 10 a.m. to noon for the foreseeable future. Click here for more information.
- Southside Elementary School
- West Wendover Elementary (but served at West Wendover High School)
- Jackpot Combined School
- Owyhee Combined School
- Carlin Combined School
- Wells Combined School
HUMBOLDT COUNTY: 7 school meal sites available to all children under 18, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Humboldt County School District has sites available beginning Tuesday, March 17. Meals (lunch and breakfast for the following day) are available for any children under 18, but a child must be in the car during pick-up to qualify. Click here for more info.
- French Ford Elementary School
- Grass Valley Elementary School
- Winnemucca Elementary School
LANDER COUNTY: Lander County drive-thru breakfast and lunch 10 to 11 a.m., starting Tuesday, March 17
- Elanor Lemaire Junior High School
LYON COUNTY: Meal delivery via bus routes
Beginning Monday, March 16, Lyon County School District is operating bus routes in all five communities to deliver meals in the following areas, in service of the schools listed. Deliveries on bus routes are estimated between 9 and 10 a.m. Click here for more information and the bus schedules.
Dayton bus routes:
Fernley bus routes:
- Dayton Elementary School
- Dayton High School
- Dayton Intermediate School
- Riverview Elementary School
- Sutro Elementary School
Silver Springs bus routes:
- Cottonwood Elementary School
- East Valley Elementary School
- Fernley Elementary School
- Fernley Intermediate School
- Riverview Elementary School
- Silverland Middle School
Smith Valley bus route:
Yerington bus routes:
- Silver Stage High School
- Silver Stage Middle School
- Silver Stage Elementary School
Boys and Girls Clubs of Mason Valley:
- Yerington Elementary School
- Yerington Intermediate School
- Yerington High School
- Mason Valley BGC: dinner, 4 to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Sutro Elementary School: dinner, 4 to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Hawthorne: breakfast and lunch, 9 to 10 a.m., Monday through Friday
PERSHING COUNTY: 4 school meal sites available to students only, Monday through Thursday
Beginning Wednesday, March 18, Pershing County School District is offering four drive-thru/walk-up meal sites (breakfast and lunch). Click here for more info.
- Pershing County Middle School 11 a.m. to 12;30 p.m.
- Imlay Elementary School 11:30 a.m. to noon
- Rye Patch Volunteer Fire Department 10:30 to 11 a.m.
WASHOE COUNTY: 12 school meal sites available in partnership with Food Bank of Northern Nevada, beginning Tuesday, March 17
Washoe County School District is working with Food Bank of Northern Nevada to distribute breakfast and lunch at the following sites (times vary).Click here for more information and the site schedule.
Boys and Girls Clubs of the Truckee Meadows, 8:30 - 11;30 a.m.
- Allen Elementary School
- Alice Smith Elementary School
- Booth Elementary School
- Cannan Elementary School
- Cold Springs Middle School
- Duncan Elementary School
- Evelyn Mount Community Center
- Greenbrae Elementary School
- Incline High School
- Loder Elementary School
- Stead Elementary School
- Sun Valley Elementary School
Reno Sparks Indian Colony, breakfast (8:30 to 9:30 a.m.) and lunch (12:30 to 1:30 p.m.) Monday through Friday,= starting April 6
- 2690 East Ninth St. (DW Reynolds)
- 1300 Foster Dr. (WN Pennington)
- 1090 Bresson Ave (Carano Youth Center)
- 3905 Neil Road (Neil Road Youth Center)
- 325 Fatrician Dr. (Lemmon Valley Youth Center)
- Vesco Park (lunch) noon to 1 p.m.
- Hungry Valley Education Center
- Reno-Sparks Indian Colony Center
WHITE PINE COUNTY: 5 school meal sites available Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. starting
- David Norman Elementary School
- McGill Elementary School
- Steptoe Valley High School
- White Pine Middle School
- White Pine High School
Click here for the listof southern Nevada emergency food assistance program sites. Three Square Las Vegas is the regional
food distribution agency working in partnership with the NDA in southern
CLARK COUNTY: 26 school meal sites open to school-age students
The Clark County School District (CCSD) will continue providing breakfast and lunch to students during school closures. Student food distribution pods will be set up at 22 school locations throughout the district from 8 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday, except as noted below. For more information and a map of site locations, click here.
Basic High School
- Bennet Elementary School (replacing Laughlin High Schoool, starting March 25)
- Boulder City High School
- Bridger Middle School
- Centennial High School
- Chaparral High School
- Cheyenne High School
- Cimarron Memorial High School
- Clark High School
- Del Sol High School
- Desert Pines High School
- El Dorado High School
- Green Valley High School
- Hughes Middle School (Mesquite)
- Indian Springs High School
- Kelly Elementary School
- Las Vegas High School
- Lyon High School (Overton)
- Manch Elenentary school
- Mitchell Elementary School (Boulder City) (start Monday, March 23)
- Moapa High School
- Mojave High School
- Paradise Elementary School
- Petersen Elementary School
- Reid Elementary School (Searchlight) (starting March 27)
- Sandy Valley Elementary School (Monday through Thursday)
- Shadow Ridge High School
- Sierra Vista High School
- Silverado High School
- Spring Valley High School
- Sunrise Mountain High School
- Valley High School
- Ute Perkins Elementary School (Moapa) (Monday through Thursday)
- Veterans Tribute Career and Technical Academy (VTCTA)
- West Prep at West Hall
- West Prep Elementary School
- Whitney Elementary School
- Wynn Elenementary School
- Democracy Prep 8 to 11 a.m. beginning Thursday, March 19
- Doral Academy (Fire Mesa), lunch Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Equipo Academy (students only)
- Signature Prep 10:30 a.m. to noon
ESMERALDA COUNTY: Esmeralda County School District is on spring break, but will be working with Nye County School District to start drive-thru and walk-up meals on March 23 to serve:
- Silver Peak Elementary
LINCOLN COUNTY: 4 school meal sites available Monday through Thursday, 9 to 11 a.m.
Beginning Wednesday, March 18, Lincoln County School District has four school sites available for drive-thru and walk-up grab-and-go meals (breakfast and lunch) available Monday through Thursday only, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Caliente Elementary SChool
- Meadow Valley Middle School
- Pahranagat Middle School
- Pioche Elementary School
MINERAL COUNTY: 2 school meal sites starting March 23
Breakfast and lunch will be available for grab-and-go drive-thru and walk-up at two Mineral County Schools, and school district staff are working on getting food out to Luning and Mina.
- Hawthorne Elementary School
- Schurz Elementary School
- Four bus routes (breakfast and lunch) Monday through Thursday, approximateely 9 to 10:35 a.m.
NYE COUNTY: 4 school meal sites and bus route delivery starting Wednesday, March 18
Depending on the community area, Nye County School District is providing breakfast and lunch using two options for school meals, starting Wednesday, March 18. Click here for information about the different communities and bus routes.
Option 1: Bus Routes will be operating their normal route with meals starting at 10 a.m. OR
Option 2: Walk-up meals 10 to 11 a.m. provided at:
- Round Mountain Elementary School
- Gabbs Elementary School
- Tonopah Elementary School
- Tonopah Middle School
- Tonopah High School