2018 Northern Nevada School Wellness Conference
Contact our staff
2018 Nevada School Wellness Conference
We’re excited to announce the first ever School Wellness Conference will be held on March 23, 2018 at Truckee Meadows Community College in Reno, Nevada. This conference will focus on implementation of the School Wellness Policy. Stephanie Joyce from the Alliance for Healthier Generation will be the keynote speaker. See below for full conference agenda.
Sessions topics include:
- Accept Your Role - Why Wellness Matters to You
- Green Ribbon Schools
- Healthier US Schools Challenge (HUSSC)
- Find Your Fit - Engaging a Full Cast in your Wellness Production
- Building a framework for a Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program
- Wellness Reporting Tool Tutorial
- Guidance and Strategies for Supporting Recess in Schools
- SEL Wellness for Students and Educators
- CHA Healthy Weight Program and 5210 Let's Go
- Let's Talk Food and Beverages
- More than just a tasty veggie!
- Wellness Cafe: Students, Advocacy, and Improvement
Registration is $25. Checks should be made payable to: Nevada Department of Agriculture. A light breakfast and lunch will be included. Teacher stipends available to cover substitute and travel costs. Contact Lori Patch for more information.
Click here for conference agenda
To register contact: