Commercial Feed Licensing and Reporting


  • If you have questions regarding commercial feed licensing or reporting, please contact:
  • Kathy Sharkey
  • Phone: (775) 353-3718

    The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) requires enhanced inspections and reporting to protect our nation's food supplies. For more information regarding FSMA, please visit their website at

      Online Commercial Feed System

      Click here to register and/or submit and pay for your quarterly tonnage reports.

        Commercial Feed Licensing

        In 2015, the Nevada legislature passed laws requiring commercial feed licensing and quarterly sales reporting. A manufacturer, distributor or guarantor who distributes, sells or offers for sale commercial feed in Nevada must obtain a license.

        A non-refundable annual license fee of $75 is required. A license expires on December 31 of each year. If a licensee submits a renewal application after December 31 of the year in which the license expires a late fee of $20 must be paid in addition to the $75 license fee.

          Quartery Sales Reports (Tonnage)

          A licensee must report quarterly the total tonnage manufactured, distributed or guaranteed in Nevada and pay a tonnage tax of 15 cents per ton or $5, whichever is greater.

          Reports must be submitted within 15 days after the end of a quarter (Quarters - March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31). A tonnage report must be submitted regardless of whether the licensee manufactured, distributed or guaranteed any commercial feeds during the reporting period. If you know you will not exceed 33 tons per quarter you may pre-pay for the year $20 for all four quarters. All licensees are subject to audit.

            State Laws and Regulations